Lyn Crain was kind enough to nominate me for the “Vincent Ehindero Award.” So a big “thank you” to Lyn for giving me the chance to connect with other bloggers. I encourage you to click on her name and check out her blog for poetry, stories, and life journey stuff.
- What genre is your favorite? My favorite genre is classic literature, especially English.
- If you could be a character in any story which one would it be? I’m embarrassed to admit it, but probably Jane Eyre. Or a Tolstoy novel.
- Are you veggie lover or a fruit lover? I can’t say I’m in love with either. I’m very picky so it would depend on what’s put in front of me, and how fresh it is, and how it’s prepared, and I usually need a copious helping of ranch dressing for the veggies. Although, I think that veggies are more important than fruit because of the fiber. Fruit makes me nervous with all the sugar and mushiness, and I am still hungry after I eat some. If I’m going to have sugar, I prefer ice cream. I also will work for Cheetos (and have done so). My advice is, chase the bad stuff with Metamucil and it will cancel anything bad out. At least that’s my theory.
- What era of music is your favorite and why? I am ashamed to admit it but my favorite is late 90’s and early 2000’s post-grunge. I like music from many decades, but that particular period is sort of that soundtrack to my life thing. I know it’s garbage but I have a theory that what you listened to in your teens somehow burns itself into your brain.
- If you change one thing in the world, what would it be? No more animal abuse and torture, from industrial farms to cosmetic testing to worthless “medical” experiments that prove nothing.
- Why did you begin blogging? I was very depressed and felt like I was just stuck in my life, not going anywhere, that my life would be the same ten years from now and nothing would ever get better. I wanted to write a blog to do something different that makes me happy. I actually bought the least expensive plan just to have skin in the game, so to speak, but it took a whole year to finally say “F it” and just do it. My goal in writing is for my words to resonate with just one person who can relate and walk away knowing that someone else gets it.
- What makes you laugh? Making fun of people.
And don’t forget to check out Vincent Ehindero himself. He is busy spreading positivity and encouragement.
My questions for my nominees:
- Were you a dork growing up?
- Which literary villain most resonates with you?
- What is your perspective on existence?
- What is your favorite video game?
- Who is the worst boss you’ve ever had?
- Do you have a “tic” when you think of something embarrassing you’ve done? (eg, I shake my head really hard)
If you choose to participate, please be sure to link back to this page so I can see your response!
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Make a post of the award (with a photo of the logo).
- Post the rules.
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice.
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers (or more) and notify them